Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Memories - Big effort to catch up!

You always need a little help with the waffles.A friend of Uncle Keith's shared these "goose noodles" with him, and then he gave some to us. Actually they tasted just like beef.
Uncle Lynn, Aunt Betty, Wayne and Carol reupholstered some kitchen chairs for Marilyn & Myra


Wayne pruning the fruit trees -- hopefully we will have larger apples and pears this year.

Benjamin wearing "little people" on his fingers.

Pat and Leon's surprise 55th anniversary celebration


Matthew and Melinda had lots of friends to visit while they were here.

We went to the Bluegate in Shipshewana on a very snowy night. Almost had the restaurant to ourselves!

Aaron showing amazement for the fried chicken platter.

Great-grandma Mid with Benjamin at the Bluegate.

Ella reading about the Monsters.

Lasting memory of all the grandchildren.

Oliver at his first try of ice fishing. I wonder what he is thinking :) Maybe he is making the fish smile.

The waiting, and waiting was almost too much for a 5 year old.

Grandma reading to the little ones -- what a precious lapfull.

Melinda is always willing to treat us to chicken paprikash. For those of you who have never experienced it,

we are sorry! We do not get it often, but it is worth the wait.

Just had to share Ella's little braids. I think she was trying to do the Partridge in a Pear Tree with Amelia.

I know that this post did not make much sense, but I wanted to share all of these with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Carol you did a great job. I bet the one with you and all the little grandkids is your favorite. Glad you had a chance to have such a good time with them.

Tina

Anonymous said...

I had one other thought, not sure why I remembered this but...isn't there a picture somewhere of Aaron, about Ella's age, reading a book on the potty? Like Father like Daughter!

Tina