Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day and Strawberries


This lovely green stuff on the left, Swiss Chard, is not strawberries but something that has never grown in my garden before. I can remember my mother and many other Kreider ancestors raising this vegetable when I was a child. It is chucked full of nutrients and hopefully will taste better now that I am an adult! I will let you know. Perhaps it will be on the Christmas dinner menu.




Wayne had to cook his own Father's Day dinner. Sometimes I have even cooked my own Mother's Day dinner. Turn-about, I guess. This boat became the strawberry garden container. My mom caught a lot of fish in this boat and had many happy hours doing just that.





And of course, you can't have the berries without the shortcake and cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH! Wish we were there to enjoy that great looking food...especially the strawberry shortcake!!! :)

Love you and miss you!

Jen for all

m+m said...

We are so proud of you to join your boys in the world of blogging! :) Looking forward to more entries, though like Jen said, it's hard to see all this stuff without being able to TASTE it! :)

Love from the European section,

Melinda and the boys